Saturday, August 30, 2008

In Vitro Succesful For A Third Time

I wrote about the Family We Donated The Eggs To Is Expecting A Girl before. We received an email from the family:

Our little girl was born, she is 8 pounds 1 ounce, twenty-two inches long. She is strong, bright eyed, healthy and beautiful! We are overcome with joy and gratitude to God and the two of you for blessing us with such a precious miracle.
Blessings to you both, and to your family


I saw the picture, it is a little strange to look at the picture and see so many similarities with our own kids. I would say she looks like a cross between our twins.

We did 2 cycles and both resulted in happy and healthy children, this family did one cycle and that also was successful. I know many families who have to do several cycles just to get one successful pregnancy.

Maybe we can meet this child later in life, I don't know that I want to since it might complicate matters for her and her parents. I am sure I will struggle with this but I do think we did the right thing, instead of destroying the eggs another person was born and another family who was childless has a child now.

No comments: